Candidate Application Process
CALL FOR CANDIDATES
WNC SEAT 12
Any Stakeholder who is eligible for the seats may apply by notifying the Chair and providing a utility bill and driver license in your name that shows you reside within Seat 12 boundaries to email@example.com. Your name will be on the September agenda to be considered for the seat. At that meeting the Governing Board may fill the vacancy by majority vote of those voting.
Nominations to fill the vacancy may be made by the candidates themselves, by Board Members, by Board alternates, or by any member of any constituency represented by the vacant seat. In electing the replacement Board Member, the Governing Board shall consider any expressions of support or opposition, whether written or oral, from members of the constituency represented by the seat.
To qualify for Seat 12:
A Stakeholder who is a resident within these boundaries:
North: by Pico Boulevard (homes on the south side of the street);
East: southerly on Motor Avenue (between Pico Boulevard and Monte Mar Drive) easterly on Monte Mar Drive towards Monte Mar Terrace moving southeasterly until Monte Mar Place going easterly, then southeasterly down Anchor Avenue until Beverlywood Street towards the east then southeast down Beverwil Drive until Kincardine Avenue (homes on the north side of the street and including homes on Altman Avenue) then westerly to Club Drive northerly to Forrester Drive (excluding homes on the south side of the street between Queensbury Drive and Cavendish Drive) westerly to go southwesterly down Queensbury Drive (homes on the west side of the street) until Patricia Avenue (homes on the north side of the street) to go westerly until Motor Avenue (homes on the west side of the street) southerly to the Santa Monica Freeway (10);
South: by the Santa Monica Freeway (10) extending from National Boulevard and Overland Avenue to Motor Avenue; and
West: by Overland Avenue (homes on the east side of the street) (Exclude east of Overland Avenue and homes on the northeast side of Northvale Road, along the Santa Monica Freeway (10) to include homes north of the Santa Monica Freeway (10) to Motor Avenue) to Northvale Road southerly (homes on the east side of the street).
- SHOP LOCAL WNC OUTREACH EFFORT $5K
- We all know our businesses are in crisis. Many are closed or are hanging on by a thread. Crime has increased and morale on the street is very low. This is an 8 part program to help our local businesses and to promote the WNC in the process.
- Covid-19 Links
- WNC WLA Community Plan Draft Concepts for Proposed Changes
- Update from Supervisor Kuehl
- REGISTER YOUR BIKE
- PROPOSED HOTEL PROJECT at 1928 Westwood Blvd
- Final Determination for Rancho Park Golf Course Concessionaire
- Proposed Rancho Park Golf Course Project
- Google Coming to Westside!
READ ABOUT IT HERE
- The City of LA honors WNC Board Member Steve Spector
- Help Plan the City’s Future
- Homeless Count, Rules & Regulations Update
- Sidewalk Repair Program Update
- Expo Corridor Transit Neighborhood Plan: New Documents Available.
- Board of Neighborhood Commissioners honors WNC 15 Year Anniversary.
- Proposed Transit Oriented Communities Affordable Housing Incentive Program Guidelines
Photo of the Girl Scouts of Troop #16135 thanking the WNC for their donation to the Riddick Youth Center for new chairs & tables.
The girls are earning their Bronze award, helping to improve the center.
June 9, 2016.
- Sidewalk Vending Survey
Like Us On Facebook
WNC IN ACTION!Westside Neighborhood Council's Neighborhood Watch meeting a huge success. Read more. REPORT CLOGGED STORM DRAINS
WNC Photo Archive