The WNC is working to help all stakeholders in the WNC boundaries and beyond. Residents, Businesses, Non Profits and our Police and Fire all need help during this COVID 19 crisis. While we are doing our best during this unprecedented time, we know there are many who are suffering and need help. If you are able, please look to your left and right and check to see if your neighbors need help. …Shopping or computer guidance or even just to talk for a moment…safely 6 feet apart with a mask of course!
There is much information below. We hope some of it will help you navigate during this crisis.
Many Thanks to Cynthia Saffir and Communioty Groups including WOW, WSSM , OAC and Cheviot Hills for their contributions.
The WNC will meet as soon as guidance from DONE is given and protocols are in place. Please Take Care!
What is the WNC Doing?
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s coronavirus dashboard, with up-to-the-minute news and downloadable infographics: http://PublicHealth.LAcounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
- NotifyLA alerts: The City of Los Angeles will be sharing official coronavirus alerts with Angelenos via the NotifyLA system. Sign up at http://NotifyLA.org.
- Mayor Garcetti’s webpage on COVID-19 is the official source for news on coronavirus in the City of Los Angeles:
- English: https://corona-virus.la
- Spanish: https://corona-virus.la/esp
Collaboration between Everytable and Access; will provide hot meals to 12,500 seniors
(213) 263-5226To ensure all Angelenos get the federal tax stimulus payment, the city is offering free tax preparation service for 1040EZ
Dial “2-1-1”. This is a county hotline that provides information and will connect you with a variety of resources concerning the Coronavirus and addressing your needs during this time.
Westside Friends: This is an organization that was formed to match volunteers with those who need assistance. The volunteers can help with grocery shopping, picking up prescriptions and other necessities, or will call you on a regular basis to check in with you if you desire.
(213) 785-2052 or https://westsidefriends.com
This group is looking for volunteers if you are willing to help.
L.A. Helping Hands
RANCHO PARK COMPOUNDING PHARMACY, CVS AND WALGREENS
offer free delivery service for most prescription medications.
Grocery deliveries online and contact free delivery: Amazon Fresh and Amazon Prime/Whole Foods,
Ralphs, Pavilions (Vons), Sprouts, Gelsons, and Instacart offer online grocery shopping and delivery.
Because of demand, it may take awhile to find an open delivery time when ordering on line. May need to refresh the computer screen from time to time until it shows avaialbe times.
Many of the grocery stores also allow you to order online and the pickup your order at the store. Store clerks will bring the order out to your car and put them in your trunk so you don’t have to go in the store.
PetSmart will do this also for pet food and supplies.
Other food shopping help
FOOD BANKS AND FOOD PANTRIES
LA Food Bank https://LAFoodBank.org,
Project Angel Food
To find other food pantries: www.lafightshunger.org